What is Ad Hoc Distribution
Ad Hoc Distribution allows you to try an application before it’s available in the iTunes App Store or to deliver it directly to our customers, when the application will not be available on the AppStore.
That's what you need
Before beginning the installation process you’ll need:
- The .ipa file for the application (usually AppName.ipa)
- The .mobileprovision file for the application
- Your Device: the iPhone or iPod Touch whose UDID you emailed us previously, do you remember ?
- The computer you normally sync with your Device
Installing the application
- If you have the .ipa and .mobileprovision files in an email, save them to a convenient location, such as your Desktop. If you received a zip archive, then uncompress this zip archive to a convenient location - well, again such as your Desktop.
- Drag-and-drop the .ipa and .mobileprovision files onto Library → Applications in iTunes. On the Mac, you can just drag them onto the iTunes icon in your dock.
- Verify that the application shows up in Library → Applications. Note that it will not have its normal icon.
- In iTunes, select your Device under Devices, choose the Application tab, and make sure that the new application is checked.
- Sync your Device and try out the new app!
Having troubles ?
Do not hesitate to contact our support guys - they will help you out.